This opportunity is being sponsored by the Rotary District 6980, which is comprised of the fifty Rotary Clubs in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Sumter, and Lake Counties. They are are seeking five non-Rotarian Team Members to participate in a vocational/cultural exchange to Northern Germany from June 6 – July 1st, 2017. The team members will travel together visiting Rotary Clubs, public facilities, and sites of interest throughout the hosting district. Prior to leaving, they will attend, again expenses paid, the Rotary District Conference at which they will meet the incoming German team. Applications must be submitted no later that October 31st, and interviews will be conducted here in Orlando. Selected team members will spend several months attending after hours (will not interfere with business) meetings and bonding with their teammates before deploying overseas. What makes this a particularly enriching (and safe) experience is that you do not stay in hotels in the host country- you stay in the homes of Rotary executives.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They may not be related to a Rotarian
- They must be between 25 – 40 years of age
- They should be a U.S. Citizen but occasional exemptions might be granted
- They may be from any vocation, but we ask that they have been in that vocation for two to three years (so they can speak with some authority about their profession)
- They must be comfortable in social surroundings and enjoy making presentations
- They must live in our Rotary District (Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, and Sumter Counties)
To submit your application, please email our contact:
Group Study Exchange Chair
They have just concluded a successful exchange with Argentina and have done fairly recent exchanges with Israel, Denmark, Australia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and India.