We’ve got some amazing events coming up throughout 2017! Remember to check back here often for more information on what’s coming up.
Unless the event is clearly specified as members-only, all are welcome to our events! Please feel free to bring friends and colleagues, especially to our social events. Our events are nearly always free but kindly make sure to register in advance so we will know about how many to expect.
Do you have a great idea for a speaker, a topic you want to learn about, or a cool new hangout? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you at YNPNOrlando@gmail.com.
What’s Your 5 Year Plan?
Date: March 16, 2017
Location:Community Based Care of Central Florida, 4001 Pelee Street, Orlando 32817
Your Nonprofit Career
- According to Washington Post, approximately 10,000 baby boomers are retiring every day.
- Nonprofits account for 11.4 million jobs and 10.3% of all private sector employment according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Here in Florida, the latest statistics show 7.4% of the private sector jobs are in the nonprofit sector.
Planning your career? Where do you hope to be and what to you want to be doing in 5 years?
Join us for a discussion about your nonprofit career facilitated by Margaret Linnane, Executive Director of the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership. Margaret has a passion for developing strong nonprofit leaders for a sustainable and thriving sector. We hope you will join us!
YNPN Coffee Chats
Date: March 29, 2017
Location:Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar
Join the early risers of YNPN for a round table discussion about the topics you care about in the nonprofit sector while sipping on sweet mocha latte to kickstart your day!
Meet the Board and Ditch the Selfie
Date: April 21, 2017
Location:National Entrepreneur Center
Are you ready to enter the scary world of Adulting? Join us with guest speaker Doris Alcivar from the University of Central Florida as she gives great tips on how to take your LinkedIn profile to the next level! A professional photographer will be at this event taking headshots for a small fee of $25.
Here’s a sample of some of our past events…
- Sustainability in Fundraising Panel Featuring the Development Directors of Community Based Care of Central Florida, Boys Town, and Jewish and Family Services of Orlando
- Career Mapping, featuring Andrae Bailey, 2016 Central Floridian of the Year & CEO of the Central Florida Commission on Homelessness
- Lunch with a Leader, featuring Jenna Tosh, CEO of Planned Parenthood Greater Orlando
- Professional Development workshops: Crafting the Perfect Elevator Speech, Marketing/Communications 101, Fighting Compassion Fatigue, Work The Room: Networking Tips, Personal Finance on a Nonprofit Salary and many others!
- Enzian Theatre Popcorn Flicks In the Park
- Speed Networking with Rollins Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Center
- First Thursdays at Orlando Museum of Art
- Retro Game Night at the Orange County Regional History Center
- Volunteer Projects – Ice Cream Social at Harbor House, Share-A-Meal at Ronald McDonald House
- Happy Hour Socials at Marlowe’s Tavern, Graffiti Junktion, Carmel Cafe & Wine Bar, Frank & Stein’s, Dexters, and many more!